on March 15, 2021
The Anvyl Parts Library is designed to help you to save, catalog, and find any product-related materials ordered for your organization. With our latest release, the Parts Library now offers new fields that can be used in reports or purchase orders. The latest enhancement lends a more intelligent platform that provides cost-optimization tips and referenceable information about the parts you wish to order.
Richer Part Attributes
We released new fields for specific types of products or industries when saving Parts in Anvyl. Depending on your business, you may wish to use all or some of these fields.
- UPC is short for universal product code. The UPC is uniquely assigned to a trade item sold in retail, typically 12 digits, and only attributed to a finished good.
- ISBN is the International Standard Book Number for a book. If your business sells books, each book likely has an ISBN that is either 10 or 13 digits.
- ASIN is the Amazon Standard Identification Number used for any products sold on Amazon. The 10-digit ASIN is unique to a finished good and assigned when you create a new product in Amazon’s catalog.
- HTS code is the Harmonized Tariff Schedule code used when importing goods. This is required for all custom filings to determine how tariffs will be calculated, if any.
- Description details for a part can be saved in your Parts Library for your internal team to reference as needed.
Value Adds for Part-Supplier Links
In addition to storing lead times, prices, and minimum order quantities (MOQs) at the part-supplier level, we’ve added new details that gives even more value to your part-supplier links.
- Supplier Part Number is a reference number for the supplier, should they have a separate part number. This optional field does not replace your internal part number, but can be included on your purchase orders for faster service.
- Case and Pallet information allows you to easily reference how many units can fit on a pallet when creating a new order. Within the order workflow, Anvyl also suggests quantities based on the units per master case and master cases per pallet. This lets you order the ideal quantities that will fit into a container to reduce your overall cost.
- Clone an Order based on a part’s actual price or lead times. Depending on whether you are optimizing for cost or speed, you can easily clone an order from your part-supplier link using the most purchase order recent information.
Keeping Parts Organized and Up-To-Date
Rather than deleting old parts that you won’t order anymore, it is best practice to keep this information on hand in case you need to access it later. Archiving parts on Anvyl allows you to do this. For example, you may want to access an archived part at a later date to perform a price comparison, past order analysis, or supplier lookup. Easily archive or unarchive the part at any time or filter your Parts library to just see Active or Archived Parts.
To learn more about how to keep your parts organized, optimize your ordering process, and quickly find the information you need, get in touch with a specialist today.