Information collected and how it is used
We automatically collect information when you visit the Site including information about your device such as its IP address, browser type and version, operating system, or device type, and statistics about how you use the Site, such as the pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may ask mobile users whether they will permit us to collect information about their location. We collect location information only from mobile users who have agreed to provide that information. We do not treat this information as Personal Information, except where the information can identify you when associated with other Personal Information we hold or where we are required to do so under applicable law.
You are permitted to view limited portions of our Site without providing any information. In order to engage in our services and to view restricted areas of the Site you are required to register. We collect information that you submit when visiting the site including registration information (your name, email or postal address, company affiliation, telephone number and user name and password), contact information if you or contact us with an inquiry (your name, email address, company name, telephone number), or payment card information if you make a payment through the Site (name, billing and shipping address, card information, email and telephone number). Users who register to use our Services may be asked to provide references which may include Personal Information relating to third parties. Please insure that those third parties have consented to the use of their Personal Information by Anvyl for the purpose of confirming your identity or the identity of your company. When you engage our services you agree that the information that you provide about yourself and your affiliated company is accurate, complete and current.
We may use the Personal Information you give us for our legitimate commercial interests including, among other things:
- to respond to your inquiries and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide information on the products or services of our registered sellers with whom you are placed in touch with in connection with a prospective purchase;
- to verify that you qualify as a member of the Site;
- to send you communications about (1) our own products and services, (2) products and services offered by sellers or advertisers on our Site and (3) products and services of third parties (those not offered by sellers on our Site) that we think you may find of interest, provided you have given your consent;
- where the processing is required in order to enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements you have entered into; and
- to contact you as necessary.
We may use the Personal Information we collect in either an identifiable or an anonymized form (independent of any personal identifiers):
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site and to customize the content you see on the Site;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and
- to do internal research on our Site visitors’ interests and behaviors to better understand and serve our customers.
The cookies we use on our Site include:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We use session cookies to grant our users access to content and to enable actions they must be logged in to do.
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Site for our customers. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your user account or to remember that your choices on the Site, but this only works when cookies on our Site are enabled. We do not use technology that recognizes a “do not track” signal from your web browser.
- Third party cookies: We allow limited third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. We may also permit third party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions. For example, we use Google Analytics to assist in our marketing and Site management efforts. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
First Party Cookies:
|Cookie Source||Cookie Name||Purpose|
We utilize Google Analytics to analyze usage patterns of the Site. Google Analytics generates cookies to capture information about your use of the Site which Google uses to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other related services.
Google may use a portion of your IP address to identify their cookie, but this will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
Please see the following link for an overview of privacy at Google:
Please visit the Google Analytics opt-out browser to learn how to opt-out of Google cookies:
Third Party Cookies:
|Cookie From||Cookie Name||Purpose|
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
Accessing your information and your choices
You can update, amend or delete your information at any time by signing in to your account.
You can choose not to receive marketing emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all. You can opt out of receiving targeting advertisements at www.aboutads.info, www.networkadvertising.org/choices, or www.youronlinechoices.eu (Europe only).
You can ask us whether we are keeping Personal Information about you and you can ask to receive a copy of that Personal Information. Before sending you any Personal Information, we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to provide proof of your identity, we reserve the right to refuse to send you any Personal Information. We will respond as quickly as we can to your requests for details of Personal Information we hold about you
Sharing your information
We may share your information with our affiliated companies without restriction.
With your permission we may share your information with third parties that they may use for their marketing purposes.
Where you use our Site to enter into a transaction or proposed transaction with another individual or business we provide your Personal Information to that other party in order to facilitate the transaction or the correspondence you have requested. These parties may use your Personal Information for their own purposes including marketing purposes. They may have their own privacy practices that may be inconsistent with Anvyl’s practices. Please read such applicable privacy policies, as we are not responsible for the processing of your Personal Information by such third parties.
We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-Personal Information, such as usage statistics of our Products, to our affiliates and third parties.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents are permitted by California law to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use unless we have your permission. To withdraw permission previously granted please email us at email@example.com. Once we receive your instruction we will cease sharing your information, but this will not affect previously shared information.
Your European privacy rights
For individuals within the EEA only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (c) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by 1stdibs.com for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Data Processing and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Due to the nature of our business and to enable us to offer services worldwide, your Personal Information may be transferred to and held by merchants or sellers in any country in the world. By using this Site and by providing any Personal Information to the Site, all users, including without limitation users in Canada and the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such Personal Information by such third parties.
Links to other sites
We may permit others to link to this Site or to post a link to their site on ours. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for other sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
This Site is owned and operated by Anvyl, Inc. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.